ICOS thrives to be the positive influence in the lives of the minority communities in the North East. Our aim is to benefit our clients, partner organisations, as well as the general public through our work. We value everyone involved and strive to be a well-known and respected organisation in Sunderland and surrounding areas.
We will serve the minority and ethnic communities in the North East enabling them to lead fulfilling and meaningful lives.
We will help in providing a welcome, safe, secure environment and atmosphere for these communities.
We will ensure a greater level of social cohesion and cooperation between these different communities in the North East of England.
– To provide services which benefit international, minority and ethnic communities in Sunderland and surrounding areas;
– To provide facilities for education, culture, religion, leisure & recreation, sport, occupation, health promotion and social welfare;
– To work in partnership with local statutory authorities and voluntary organisations in providing a range of services for the local community;
– To be responsive to the desires and needs of local ethnic or minority communities and seek to provide services as may be required;
– To promote and encourage integration in Sunderland.
– To establish a service for advocacy, guidance and advice;
– To organise information and consultation events for the local migrant and ethnic community;
– To give our clients a chance to enrol on free or discounted courses.;
– To help people utilise their skills by organising events where they can network with future employees;
– To cooperate with other organisations in order to achieve our aims if we cannot do it on our own.