ICOS thrives to be the positive influence of the lives of the minority
communities in the North East. Our aim is to benefit our clients,
partner organisations, as well as the general public through our work.
We value all involved and strive to be a well-known and respected
organisation in Sunderland and surrounding areas.
We will serve the minority and ethnic communities in the North East
enabling them to lead full, meaningful lives.
We will help to provide a welcome, safe, secure environment
and atmosphere for these communities.
We will ensure a greater level of social cohesion and cooperation between
these different communities in the North East of England.
– To provide services which benefit international, minority and
ethnic communities in Sunderland and surrounding areas
– To provide facilities for education, culture, religion, leisure &
recreation, sport, occupation, health promotion and social welfare
– To work in partnership with local statutory authorities and voluntary
organisations in providing a range of services for the local community
– To be responsive to the desires and needs of local ethnic or minority
communities and seek to provide such services as may be required
– To promote and encourage integration in Sunderland
– To establish a service for advocacy, guidance and advice
– To organise information and consultation events for the local migrant
and ethnic community
– To give our clients a chance to enrol on free or discounted courses.
– To help people utilizing their skills by organising events where they
can network with future employees
– To cooperate with other organisations in order to achieve our aims if
we cannot do it on our own